What is the Liability of a Virginia Notary's Employer?
- May be civilly or criminally liable for certain acts.
- May be liable for damages caused by the notary's official misconduct if
the misconduct was performed as part of the notary's employment and employer knew about the misconduct, or should have known about it.
- Any employer who encourages, threatens, or otherwise intentionally causes an employee to violate notary laws may be found guilty of a misdemeanor.
Many employers require education for their Virginia Employee Notaries. Since Virginia is a "self-certifying" state and training is not a requirement to become a notary, most notaries do not fully understand the scope of their responsibilities as a Virginia Notary Public.
Notary Education is critical in order to perform Virginia notarizations in accordance with current Notary Law.
Employer/Employee Notary Package includes:
- Assistance in setting up your Company's Employee Notary Policy
- Notary Law & Procedures for Traditional Virginia Notaries
-On-site classroom instruction for new/seasoned notaries OR
-Online refresher course for renewing notaries OR
--Virtual Classroom - Notary Basics
- Certificate of Completion/Self-Certification
- Continued support through quarterly eNewsletters and Class Announcements
- 20% discount coupon for notary supplies through a state approved notary supply vendor
Our Virginia-Online-Notary Training with a specific county Employee Notary Policy has received a seal of approval by one of Virginia's largest county's County Attorney.
Optional Supervisor of Employee Notaries Course:
ABC's of a Virginia Notarization for Supervisors of Employee Notaries
The number one (#1) complaint from employee notaries is that their supervisors ask them to perform improper notarizations.
This mini-course (one hour) will ensure that your supervisors are aware of the important responsibilities and liabilities of a Virginia Notary Public.
Contact Bryce Hall, Notary Instructor, to discuss your Employer/Employee Notary Training program. 804-240-3631